Updated: Jun 6
Is chronic pain holding you back from becoming healthier and more fit?
I once heard this from Dr. John Rusin:
"PAIN or INJURY SHOULD NEVER END A TRAINING CAREER, IT SHOULD START A SMARTER ONE!"
And this couldn't be more true.
Of course no one enjoys being in Pain, but once you give yourself some recovery time; it's time to LOOK BACK and decide how to MOVE FORWARD with some “Principles to Pain Free Training.”
Here are my TOP 10 LAWS of LONGEVITY in Fitness Training.
Check em out and hopefully it can help you take that first step to success.
1) ONE SIZE DOES NOT FIT ALL IN FITNESS! That includes all Exercises and/or Equipment.
2) Never Train Through Pain; if an exercise hurts, change it!
3) Create as much Mind Muscle Connection as possible with every Set, Rep, & Exercise.
4) DO NOT Skip your Warm-Up.
5) Never Sacrifice Form for More Weight.
6) Use More Dumbbells in your Training.
7) Stop using PRs as your only indicator of Progress.
8) Train as much if not more Pulling Exercises than Pushing.
9) Give Yourself Rest or "Recovery" Days.
10) Utilize All Foundational Movement Patterns each week: Pull, Push, Hinge, Squat, Lunge, Rotation, Locomotion
Now begin to apply these Laws and create a NEW and more successful program to get you the RESULTS your after.
And Remember, their is no PERFECT Diet, Exercise, or Program. No Matter what an influencer or friend may want you to believe.
Results truly come and STAY, from creating a “system” that is sustainable for YOU, and staying consistent with it Day in and Day out.
If you would like more clarification or detail regarding any of these, do not hesitate to reach out!
"Make the Rest of Your Life, The Best of Your Life!"
- Coach Garrett